Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1815M ping high MS.

Hi

i have a question  Cisco AP 1815M ping to internet with high time MS.

i tried to connect AP with different network but output same high time to ping internet

Cisco AP 1815M connect with virtual WLC So i search in document and not found VWLC support on datasheet cisco 1815M but i can join VWLC and 1815M but still issued ping high time.

thank

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you say high ping is that from the AP CLI or from client connected to AP?

What is the ping response to the default gateway?

What is the ping response from the switch to the internet?

The vWLC only supports local switching for the WLAN so if the latency is from network to destination then need to investigate there.

From wireless side, have you confirmed the client is connecting with good signal level, SNR etc?

What version vWLC are you running? The 1815m requires 8.5.x or above which the vWLC will support it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

When you say high ping is that from the AP CLI or from client connected to AP?
- ping from AP to Internet
What is the ping response to the default gateway?
- it same ping from AP to interet (high )
What is the ping response from the switch to the internet?
- it same ping from AP to interet (high )

version VWLC 8.7.102.0

High ping results from switch to Internet seems to eliminate the wireless side. Looks more like an Infrastructure issue then. If from AP to Internet is high but from switch to Internet is low, then I would say it’s wireless related.
-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well the AP should be supported or else it will not join. If your AP is in FlexConnect which it should be, your traffic is placed into the switch the AP is connected to. Unless you have some issue with that subnet, I don’t know why you are seeing what you are seeing. I’m assuming your talking about connected client in that AP.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: