Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 18xx can not redirect to virtual interface WLC success

Hi all

i have problem about AP 18xx can not redirect to https://2.2.2.2/login.html   or virtual interface of WLC success it error page   but cisco ap 2700 can do success.

i use external web redirect integrate with cloud4wifi for use authentication and portal.

anyone did it working before please share knowledge.

i already add debug client and webauthen on WLC and wireshark capture from my labtop.

6 Replies 6

Hi

Not a good idea to use this IP address as well as 1.1.1.x. Android for example have hard time when face this IP as they are valid and routable Internet IP address.

Use the new IP range indicated by Cisco which is 192.x.x.x instead.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

thank you
i use 2.2.2.2 on interface virtual ip on WLC . not use on sub interfaace

I know and it is about virtual Interface I'm talking about.

I had to change the WLC virtual Interface from 1.x.x x to 192.x.x.x this week due redirect problem.

Another suggestion is make sure you DNS is working properly. DNS is killing for web redirect.

thank you
i try to change ip but not working.

You probably configured something wrong. 

On the security tab did you select external web auth? Then did you use an IP address or URL?

Can you ping it either URL or IP?

i try to use both ap 1800 and 2700 on the same WLC same configuration of WLAN.
on 2700 it working fine but ap 1800 not working you can see log on above topic this different of log is AP 1800 can not see the MAC address of client it see only 00:00:00:00:00 but cisco ap 2700 can see MAC address of client and can redirect working.
i don't think the issue was configuration on WLC because it use same configuration on both AP.

On the security tab did you select external web auth?

- yes

Then did you use an IP address or URL?

- URL

Can you ping it either URL or IP?

- i can ping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: