cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco announces new innovations in SD-WAN, ISRs, SD-WAN Services, and Catalyst 9000 Series switches

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco AP Lightweight to Autonomous conversion error

I purchased Cisco AP AIR-CAP702W-B-K9 from Amazon and I noticed it's Lightweight.

I need to convert it to Autonomous since I don't have any controller.

I have contacted seller to get a IOS file "ap1g1-k9w7-mx.153-3.JAB" and tried to convert through TFTP server and putty as many of you instructed here but I got an error as attached on putty.

I am not familiar with putty commands and I was not able to enter any commands on putty. Whenever I pressed "mode" button on the AP when turned on, it just automatically runs on putty but it froze after a while.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any comments will be much appreciated. Thank you,

Andy

Air cap702W b k9.JPG

1 REPLY
VIP Advisor

Re: Cisco AP Lightweight to Autonomous conversion error

Hi

You dont need to worry about mode button. Just plug the console cable on the console port of AP. Then, on your PC make sure which COM serial port came up. Open up the Putty program and select "Serial" on the Connection Type. After that, select the COM port you´d see on PC. 

It is expected that the serial connection takes place and you are going to see a black screen with a prompt.  

When you get that, let me know so that we can proceed with the next step.  Of course, the AP IOS is required from here.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

CreatePlease to create content
Blog-New Labels