cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center Network Controller Platform will not Update

chad.jones
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco DNA Center version 1.2.5.  I was able to upgrade everything except for the Network Controller Platform.  We receive the following error:

System Readiness Check

-  Catalog Connectivity (with an orange triangle)

- CCO Credentials (with a green check mark)

I have tried to uninstall other installed applications but nothing works.  Do anyone have any ideas about this? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chad,

In Simple language, Please follow the below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/rn_release_1_2_3/b_dnac_release_notes_1_2_3.html

There is a procedure to upgrade the DNAC software, and in case of any issues related to upgrade, you can always contact Cisco TAC at the below link. If you need any help apart from this, you can contact SAC team @ sac-support@cisco.com

Regards,

Vibha Jha

Cisco Sales Acceleration Center

sac-support@cisco.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

vijha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chad,

Are you trying to update to the new version: Version "1.2.8". If yes, there is a procedure to follow for that. Please go through the release notes and then only proceed to upgrade to this version.

Link to the 1.2.8 release version is given below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/rn_release_1_2_8/b_dnac_release_notes_1_2_8.html

Regards,

Vibha Jha

Sales Acceleration Center

sac-support@cisco.com

I am trying to but the only thing that I see in the Settings > Software Updates > System Updates is the Network Controller Platform.  It will not allow me to download the Network Controller Platform.

I believe that this is not allowing me to see the 1.2.8 software for download.

Hi Chad,

Is this a live environment or demo environment. Please send the screenshot of the same.

Regards,

Vibha Jha

The environment is not live. Attached is the error I receive. Thanks.

Image is missing.

Attached is the new picture.

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the response and the reference error message. I am working on this issue. Could you provide following details: From which version to which version you are upgrading to? Are you getting this error message during the upgrade of DNAC software or during the application update?

Appreciate your response!

Regards,

Vibha Jha

Sales Acceleration Center

sac-support@cisco.com

Hi Chad,

For getting the upgrade done, you can always contact Cisco TAC at the following link:

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

Please use the filters below to connect to them:

Getting TAC Assistance

Use this link to open a TAC case. To ensure you go to the DNA Solution Support team, in TAC, choose the following while opening a TAC case:

• Technology: DNA - Software-Defined Access

• Subtechnology: DNA Center Appliance (SD-Access)

• Problem Code: Install, uninstall, or upgrade

Summary Guidance Table

Customer Scenario

Current Version

Guidance for Update

SDA deployment already in production

DNA Center 1.1.x

Call Cisco TAC for assistance to migrate to DNA Center 1.2.3

Assurance/Automation (non-Fabric) deployment already in production

DNA Center 1.1.x or 1.2.x

Call Cisco TAC for assistance to migrate to DNA Center 1.2.3

SDA or Assurance lab/POC deployment

DNA Center 1.1.x or 1.2.x

Contact your Cisco Account Team

New SDA or Assurance deployment

Not applicable

Move to DNA Center 1.2.3 via the cloud update

Hi Chad,

In Simple language, Please follow the below link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/rn_release_1_2_3/b_dnac_release_notes_1_2_3.html

There is a procedure to upgrade the DNAC software, and in case of any issues related to upgrade, you can always contact Cisco TAC at the below link. If you need any help apart from this, you can contact SAC team @ sac-support@cisco.com

Regards,

Vibha Jha

Cisco Sales Acceleration Center

sac-support@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card