cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime shows vWLC and APs but no Client info

Jim Blake
Level 1
Level 1

I have to debug a Cisco vWLC (version 8.8.125.0) supporting a number of Cisco AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 APs), managed by Cisco Prime Infrastructure version 3.5.0.0.550 and CMX version 10.6.1-47 is deployed. All compatible according to Cisco.

The vWLC reports wireless clients correctly. Prime sees the APs and vWLC and gives information on them, but has no information on the Client devices, despite it being reported by the vWLC.

CMX shows the clients and their locations in the activity maps (red unassociated, green associated, MAC addresses reported) but in "Connect" it reports no visitors at all.

The configuration in Prime looks OK, it is seeing the WLC, and the WLC is seeing the clients, but there is no client information apparently getting from vWLC to Prime or CMX.

Anyone seen anything like this before...before I just do a full rebuild ?

Thanks

Jim

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Jim,

Why not open a TAC case firstly just to see if it’s. DB issue. My experience with Prime is that if I every upgrade Prime to a different train, I then see issues. I always rebuild also from scratch and never do a restore. I will export the maps and devices list and only upload those. That is from my experience the best way not to have major issues with Prime. Open a TAC case first.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: