Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco vWLC MESH setup

p3tter123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I want to make a small mesh network with a vWLC. I know that some AP's have only 1x 2.4 GHz and 1x 5GHz antenna, so if you use I.E the 5GHz frequency band as back haul you cant use it for distributing WLANS

Which AP's could you recommend that have 2x of the 5GHz antenna other than the outdoor mesh AP's? 

Thanks,

Petter

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I don’t believe you can do mesh with the vWLC’s. Also for MESH, you can add client access to the backhaul, however, depending on the traffic produced by clients, it’s not recommended. There are AP’s like the 3800’s that have a 5ghz radio and a Flexible radio assignment that can do 2.4ghz and 5ghz (one or the other). But it’s not meant to set it on 5ghz to use for backhaul. Also when the FRA is set to 5ghz, it’s a micro cell.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, its for between 5-10 Laptops, so not a big network. On the vWLC its called Flexconnect + bridge I think. would the 3600/3700 AP support clients in wlans on the back haul band?

Thanks,

Petter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card