Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless controller

Dear All,

I'm using Cisco controller 2500 with four access points.I'm using single WLAN right now.

But my plan is to use 2 WLAN for WiFi users for example one WLAN for laptop users and others for cellphone users but i don't want to give full bandwith to cellphone users. So is there any way to control bandwidth or speed for a particuler WLAN.

Recently I have seen this feature in Ruckus WiFi Hotspot but in Cisco i don't know its available or not because i have checked all the options but din't get success and even in QOS only Gold, silver, bronze etc. class type options are there which doesn't work properly.

Please guide me. Your early response would be highly appriciated, Thanks in advance.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry Su,

I think i didn't pay attemption in the WLC speficication.

It is really not supported in the 2500 controller and you don't have any option to enable this feature in the SSID or in the Global QoS.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello suk,

You can follow the guide below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/113682-bdr-limit-guide-00.html

You can apply this feature inside the SSID in the QoS tab specifying the rate limiting to that SSID.

You can apply this feature per-user limit or per-ssid limit.

Hi Wellington,

You have given information about Cisco 5500-series-wireless-controller while i'm using 2500 series controllor. Unfortunaitley Flex Connect feature is not there and even in QOS when we edit profile there is no Rate Limiting of the per-SSID superceded the Global QoS profile option.

I think its not available in 2500 series.

Anyways thanks for your time. :)

Sorry Su,

I think i didn't pay attemption in the WLC speficication.

It is really not supported in the 2500 controller and you don't have any option to enable this feature in the SSID or in the Global QoS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card