Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Lan Controller Application Visibility/No Visibility

Michael Dyer
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning/Afternoon!  

I recently configured a 55XX series WLC for Application Visibility in advance of student testing in a local Alabama school system.  Internet access for student testing will be provided via the campus Cisco wireless LAN and Chrome Books.  I configured AVS in accordance with the Cisco WLC Configuration Guide but am unable to see any application traffic flowing on any of the WLANS I applied the AVS profile to.

I reviewed the configuration and tested enabling/disabling AVS with a profile, without a profile, and with an empty profile.  The result was the same: No application information captured or identified.  Is there another location AVS/NBAR must be enabled for AVS to work?  The school system has a mix of dated and new APs in the WLAN.  Could this be an issue?  All of the APs deployed are being managed by the 55XX WLC.  The WLC is running 7.4 code and has am applicaiton pack installed for reference/application identification.  There were no error messages or wanrings generated from the configuration change enabling Application Visibility.  It just didn't work.  

My intent is to filter and drop unwanted traffic (Pandora, YouTube, SnapChat) identified by AVS during testing to ensure students have wireless bandwidth necessary to complete testing without interruption.  Any information you can push my way will be greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,

Dutch

3 Replies 3

Here is my notes when I tested AVC when  7.4.x released. Try those CLI commands & see whether you can see any output.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/28/configuring-avc-on-wlc-7-4/

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link for AVC deployment guide-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/115756-avc-guide-00.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card