Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: WLC2504 shutting down after port 3 or port is connected to PoE switch

The WLC 2504 will only support 1Gb throughput regardless of the LAG configuration, so is there really any point in up linking 4 ports?

Also, a stipulation is that the bundled ports must not be on different switches in a stack, they must be on the same switch.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/113034-2500-deploy-guide-00.html#anc24

Understand, but is not the point of LAG here redundancy?  Requiring all the LAG ports to be on the same switch kinda defeats the point, yes?

Wow....  What a jacked up device!  4 Port LAG worked with ports 2-4 on blade 2 and port 1 on blade 3.  For giggles, I tried putting ports 1 and 3 on bade 2 and 2 and 4 on blade 3, no joy.  Put ports 1 and 2 on blade 3 and 4 on blade 2 and up she comes like a dream.  I'm a little OCD so I wanted 1&2 on blade 2 and 3&4 on blade 3.  Guess what?  No workie.  WTH?  Who makes something like this?????

Highlighted
Beginner

It is definitely one of the quirks that came with the 2504 but it has been end of lifed. I never really classed it as a device for larger mission critical deployments tbh. The 3504 is better and has replaced it from this perspective.

From a redundancy point of view we have always supplied 2 2504's that way you just lag the second one into a different switch.......

Beginner

Re: WLC2504 shutting down after port 3 or port 4 is connected to PoE switch

I apologize for waiting almost a year to post a follow up. I did resolve this,  and had it happen a few times again when doing a factory reset on the 2504. Certainly isn't a fix in my opinion, but it worked every time. Connected to ports 1 and 2 then In the GUI, click Controller - then Ports. Then "ConfigureAll" in the upper right hand corner. Changed the Admin Status to "Disable" then Applied. Immediately went back and changed the Admin Status to "Enable", then Applied. Then I was able to plug in ports 3 and 4 and have been good since running on all 4 ports.

When I posted back in 2018, I was enabling/disabling every individual port but that never worked. Just sharing my experience as this may not apply to other's. 

Beginner

Re: WLC2504 shutting down after port 3 or port 4 is connected to PoE switch

@michael.wade wrote:

I apologize for waiting almost a year to post a follow up. I did resolve this,  and had it happen a few times again when doing a factory reset on the 2504. Certainly isn't a fix in my opinion, but it worked every time. Connected to ports 1 and 2 then In the GUI, click Controller - then Ports. Then "ConfigureAll" in the upper right hand corner. Changed the Admin Status to "Disable" then Applied. Immediately went back and changed the Admin Status to "Enable", then Applied. Then I was able to plug in ports 3 and 4 and have been good since running on all 4 ports.

When I posted back in 2018, I was enabling/disabling every individual port but that never worked. Just sharing my experience as this may not apply to other's. 

this works!  how long it stays working...time will tell

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards