Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco wlc accounting (which AP?)

cstamas55
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am interested which access point a specific user joined.

We have multiple sites and I want to tell from the freeradius accounting logs

where the user joined the network.

Is there a way to do this? Looking at the accounting data I cannot find anything

which identifies the AP. The information helps to identify the user, the controller,

but not the AP.

--

cstamas

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have WCS?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

No, I only have a WLC, nothing more.

Does your DHCP server support option 82?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080b9c12c.shtml

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Well, not now. And the place I would really would like to see this information is the accounting logs,

but thanks! I will use this as workaround if I cannot find a better one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card