Please find the issue description,
windows 10 users when used to connect to corporate ssid (802.1x) the user is getting authenticated but struck in DHCP req state.
This issue is with only windows 10 users and checked the DHCP pool and the IP availability and didnt found any issue.
In the same location other mac .windows users were able to connect.
What software version you running on WLC & what AP model in use ?
Did this occur to all windows 10 clients ? Did you check what driver version and see any similarity of that version with reported clients ?
The issue is faced on windows 10 machines only.
Ap- All Ap models(2700/2800/3702).
Apart from the mentioned wlc version-220.127.116.11 also we are facing the issue on different regions.
Need to get a downtime for upgrading the wlc version.
Can u please confirm is it related to windows -os issue or wlc version issue.
I would say it is more to do with windows as you only have issue with that operating system.
As you are running too old WLC software version it is better to do any troubleshooting with later WLC version. If that fix your issue, then it is combination of 8.2.x code & current windows driver version cause your issue.
18.104.22.168 is a good code to be considering you have supported ap model. Keep below compatibility matrix as reference
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***
There are few things that you can do to check this:
1. Check group policy for win10 if DHCP is enabled and set to automatic on the AD. You can check this also by checking one laptop on the MMC and check if services is enabled on the wifi adapter.
2. Try to disable Windows defender
3. Try to disable 3rd party endpoint security software (e.g. Symantec, Avast, etc)
4. Compare policy of other windows versions to the win10 on AD.
5. Test if same laptop that can't get DHCP from your SSID is able to connect to an external wifi.