Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Air doesn´t work

Hello All,

I have 10 Ap´s in a building under a WLC5508 with CleanAir activated, however when the users, turn on a MW oven, the clients located near, lost completely their connections.

I have activated the EDRRM, but the interference is in all channels, therefore the loss of signal keep it.

Someone could tell me if this is normal or I have do any adjustment on the config of Clean Air?

Thanks in advance!

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have 10 Ap´s in a building under a WLC5508 with CleanAir activated

What kind/model of WAP?  CleanAir is the exclusive domain of the 3500 and 3600 WAP.

Hello Leolaohoo,

I´m sorry, i forgot write the WAP model, effectively the AP´s are models

AIR-CAP3501E-A-K9

Go to Wireless > 802.11b/g/n > CleanAir

OK, I´m there

I attach the image file from WLC

Ok, so CleanAir is enabled.  To verify, go to Monitor > Cisco CleanAir > 802.11b/g/n > Interference Devices

Alternatively, you can choose Air Quality Report or Worst Air-Quality Report.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
turn on a MW oven, the clients located near, lost completely their connections.

The client's lost their connection because CleanAir WORKED.  The WAPs changed channels but it is up to the clients to find the NEW channel the WAP is broadcasting on.

Generate the report and find out what channel the microwave oven is doing "business".  If it's the entire channel then I'd consider getting a new model of microwave oven. 

Ok, let me check the air report and I will propose to the end customer another MW oven.

Ok, let me check the air report and I will propose to the end customer another MW oven.

I think I'm in the wrong profession.  Maybe I ought to be a microwave oven salesman. 

Jajajajajaja, that´s right!

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks "Smooth" Rob.

BTW:  Has anyone heard from Maria lately? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: