Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Air - WLC 5508

saquib.tandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Do I need to buy additional license for clean air to work, currently my BOQ cover

• WLC 5508 with 50 AP license  ( part no : AIR-CT5508-50-K9 )
  • 20 AP ( model 3502  )
  • Redundant Power supply
  • LIC-CT5508-50  ( is this required to be mentioned )

Also I would like to understand are there any better model than AP 3502 & newer WLC model than 5508 ( I would have application users accessing application via Wireless LAN )

thanks

ST

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No license required. Just depends on the AP's that you already know.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a deployment guide for CleanAir

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns982/c07-610746-01_cleanAir_guide.pdf

-Scott

Thank you Scott for the guide will have a look at that.

5500 series WLC got 8SFP uplinks hence;-

• Can we Group 2 or more SFP for a specific SSID only configured on WLC and other SSID to route traffic from other uplink ports

• Uplinks from WLC to Core are generally configured for failover or link aggregation

• On WLC there are 5 SSID configured for example , the AP installed in HR room should broadcast only ONE SSID ( is this possible )

thanks

ST

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well for one, you either use LAG or you don't. If you don't then it's up to you how you want to use the primary port and backup port.

If you want to broadcast specific SSID's on certain APs then you need to use AP Groups.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card