cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client associated/uptime in Cisco WLC meaning?

Mottok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, hopefully a straight forward question. Just trying to find out exactly what the uptime/associated time means on a Cisco 5520 wireless controller? i.e. does it mean that the client is fully connected and can access all resources like internet etc or can it mean they are associated but don't have full access?

I have a client who is telling me their device is disconnecting after 20mins or so but they have an associated/uptime of 14 hours, please see picture. If anyone has ideas about how I can more fully investigate client issue that would be brilliant. Many thanks.

ClientWLC.JPG

6 Replies 6

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can login to the CLI of the WLC and then run the following command:
debug client aa:bb:cc.... (replace that with the MAC address of the client)

Now you have to wait until the issue happens again and then show us the last 100 or so messages of the output. You can disable the debug with the command 'debug disable-all'.
With the following commands you can disable the logout timer of your ssh session:
config session timeout 0
Don't forget to set it to 600 seconds, or so, after you have finished with the debug.

Thanks that's great, I'll have a play about with this and post back at some point.

Hi, did you resolve it??? 

I have a similar problem...

Try out these commands and check the performance. Run on WLC CLI.

• config wlan disable <WLAN id>
  • config wlan session-timeout <WLAN id> 0 (ZERO)
  • config wlan usertimeout 100000 <WLAN id>
  • config wlan enable <WLAN id>
Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

@jjalonsom wrote:

Hi, did you resolve it??? 

I have a similar problem...

Hi, sorry I never needed to take this further as we resolved it by other means (we had basically two networks setup and the routing was going back to the old network and back again so speed and connectivity was being affected). Sorry I can;t be of more help.

Thank you jkelly2...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card