Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Drops Connection on 2.4gHz

jacovr
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all.

I have a 2500 WLC running 8.3.143.0 code, and 2802E Access Points.

The clients being used is Honeywell A70 Talkman devices.

I have users intermittently dropping connections, When looking at the sh msglog, I see the following errors.

I have attached the full msglog as well as a screen shot of the configured data rates:

Any Idea what the issue could be ?

*apfMsConnTask_1: Sep 22 16:59:49.873: %APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED: apf_80211.c:6816 Failed to process an association request from 8c:27:8a:01:cf:14. WLAN:3, SSID:RG_TALKMAN. message with invalid supported rate.

*apfMsConnTask_0: Sep 22 16:59:11.776: %LOG-3-Q_IND: 1x_eapkey.c:2897 Received EAPOL-key message while in invalid state (4) - version 1, type 3, descriptor 2, client 8c:27:8a:01:cf:14

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- As for cause of the issue review the core of my initial reply....

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- 8.3 code is no longer advisable , if still needed for ap-backward compatibility or upgrade project not possible in forseable future , you can further use the wireless debug analyzer https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessDebugAnalyzer/ also have a sanity check of the controller configuration with https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/ -> Best solution is to use advisory or gold-starred release for the controller.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanx for the feedback.

Unfortunately it is not a debug, so the tool would not help much.

The config Analyzer did not show any major issues.

Any other ideas what might cause this issue ?

- You could still activate client-debugging for   a particular mac address on the controller and use  the tool.

M.

- As for cause of the issue review the core of my initial reply....

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card