Views
Helpful
Replies

Client jumping between multiple access points

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

First, just a little background on my wireless infrastructure.

I am running a 5508 with 7.4.130 code, using the RRM, channel and power with 3502i access points.

I am having an issue with a client that is running an intel card, supposedly latest drivers that is hopping between multiple access points even though it is stationery.  One thing that I noticed in the area that the client is in is that there are 3 AP's that are one the same channel, channel 161.  The client is only configured to connect to the 802.11a band.

I have attached a map from prime showing you guys what I am talking about.  I'm wondering if this is why the client is randomly jumping between access points.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

One thing that I noticed in the area that the client is in is that there are 3 AP's that are one the same channel, channel 161.I have attached a map from prime showing you guys what I am talking about.  I'm wondering if this is why the client is randomly jumping between access points. 

Yes, in the first place even though it is done by RRM, it is wrong. It should not assign same channel for the 3 nearby APs. Try restart those 3 AP & see WLC assign same channel again.

I would check with TAC as well any RRM related bug on this code version

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: