cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client not connecting on highest available bandwidth (80 MHz)

SS87824
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

We have couple of client who are connecting on 20MHz although the APs are broadcasting on 80 MHz.

I have verified this from 

AIR-AP3802E-F-K9#show controllers dot11Radio 1
AIR-AP3802E-F-K9#show controllers dot11Radio 1 client

The client NIC is  Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 which supports 80 MHz as well as 2 SS.

Access point model is AIR-AP3802E-F-K9 and running 8.5(151.0) code. 

Let me know your suggestion.

8 Replies 8

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

SS87824,

Have you updated to the latest Intel wireless drivers ?  I would recommend going to Intel's website to get the latest wireless drivers.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You have 80mhz defined and are other devices connecting at 80mhz?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, others are connecting on 80MHz. I need to check with the users on driver version.

If other devices are connecting, then the ap is sending that info In the beacon. It’s the client that needs to understand the beacon and use 20/40/80.
-Scott

After spending some more troubleshoot time, I think I may have figured out the issue here. DCA is configured to "best" and it is assigning some APs to 20MHz and this forcing the clients to use 20MHz as well.
Some APs are on 80MHz and clients are connecting there on 80 MHz.
Initial troubleshooting pointed me towards different direction altogether :)

That would do it. From your post it seemed like the AP’s were set to 80mhz and clients on the same ap were connected at 80mhz and a few on 20mhz.
-Scott

Thank you.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is/are the 8265 running on?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: