Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Throughput of common Devices

Philip91
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

i have to plan an High Density Deployment. For that it would be very usefull if there is any chart were are the Throughputs of common Wireless Devices such as IPADs, IPHONEs, Android Devices and common Laptops are listed.

Has anyone found a list like that at Cisco or somewhere ??

Really thanks for useful informations.

Kind reagards

Philip

5 Replies 5

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Philip,

Aren't these numbers in direct sequence first of all with the 802.11 standard used and then how close are these to the AP?

I am curious what our colleagues will post here.

I would use iPerf application ( available for all those type of devices) and measure the throughput with internal server.

Since all depend on RSSI/SNR , you hv to do this at your environment. Do it for a best case scenario ( single client connect to AP) and normal scenario. That will give you a good reference for your wireless performance.

Look at these devices tech spec( # special stream, frequency, channel width) with deployed wireless standard will help you to calculate theocratical throughput you should get

HTH
Rasika
***pls rate all useful responses***

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hey guys,

@Florin

Yeah but the theoretical Throughput of an 802.11n Device is really depending on the available MIMO Technologie right ?

@ Rasika:

For sure i can do it on this way. My intention was that there is a table which already exist like for Example:

Ipad Gen 1.  1x1:1  a/b/g/n  Maximal Throughput 65 Mbps

:

:

:

Galaxy S4 ........

:

:

Are there any good Values which i can calculate in a High Density Scenario where i don´t know the clients e.g. in a Hotel Meeting Area ?

May my questions sounds a little bit unprofessional, thats why i have less expirience in High Density Deployments

Kind regards

Philip

Hi Phillip,

I am doing a trial with 802.11ac & working on performance testing with few available devices. I would think it may be useful to you as well. It is not fill with all the information, but I think you can develop a similar one that suits you in terms of different type of devices you are interested.

here is the my doc looks like

Here is different AP models 802.11n specs/data rates. That may be useful to you as well.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think you will find this info anywhere. You will only find various test results from people who might publish their results.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card