Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients are getting IP address from other subnet pool

shehrozceh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I have deployed WLC 3504 along with 22 Access Points which are 2802i and 18 Access points were deployed at HO and 4 access points deployed on remote location which are in different subnet like: HO 192.168.9.x and Remote locations 192.168.4.x , 192.168.2.x the site-to-site connectivity has established between these three locations. Issue i faced the clients on remote location which is from 192.168.4.x subnet they are unable to get IP address from their own dhcp pool like 192.168.4.x and they are getting the IP address from HO dhcp pool which is 192.168.9.x. BUT, the Access Points are getting the IP address from their own remote location subnet like from 192.168.4.x but the clients are not.. Any suggestion please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The AP’s in the remote site need to be FlexConnect and then the wlan has to have Local switching enabled. What is happening is that local switching isn’t enabled so all the traffic is tunneling to the WLC.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The AP’s in the remote site need to be FlexConnect and then the wlan has to have Local switching enabled. What is happening is that local switching isn’t enabled so all the traffic is tunneling to the WLC.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you so much. Now clients are able to get the local IP address 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: