Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Clients can not connect to Primary AP

Hi expert,

I am new to Cisco Access Point. I have 3800s and 3700s. I configured one 3800 as WLC and join other APs successfully.

The matter is clients only connect to 3700 AP (CAPWAP). Primary 3800 and other 3800s works well but no clients connect to them. When I had only two 3800s (one primary), client use 3800 perfectly.

Please advise. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Clients can not connect to Primary AP

I think being new to Cisco wireless, you need to really look at the configuration guides and follow that step by step. Also search for videos and or blogs on Mobility Express, since I’m assuming that is what you are tying to do.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

- Check the Primary AP's logs, but by logs I mean the wlc-analog connection reporting.

M.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @marce1000 ,

I am new. Could you please give me a specific command ?

Highlighted
VIP Collaborator

- I have never managed such an environment, but I guess you should go to the configuration GUI and there will somewhere be  a  TAB or link for client-connecting reporting.

M.

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

I think being new to Cisco wireless, you need to really look at the configuration guides and follow that step by step. Also search for videos and or blogs on Mobility Express, since I’m assuming that is what you are tying to do.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @Scott Fella,

Thanks, I noticed that my 3800s are providing only 2,4GHz and 5GHz is off. I opened another topic.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad