Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients can not connect to Primary AP

QuangTran99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert,

I am new to Cisco Access Point. I have 3800s and 3700s. I configured one 3800 as WLC and join other APs successfully.

The matter is clients only connect to 3700 AP (CAPWAP). Primary 3800 and other 3800s works well but no clients connect to them. When I had only two 3800s (one primary), client use 3800 perfectly.

Please advise. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think being new to Cisco wireless, you need to really look at the configuration guides and follow that step by step. Also search for videos and or blogs on Mobility Express, since I’m assuming that is what you are tying to do.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the Primary AP's logs, but by logs I mean the wlc-analog connection reporting.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 ,

I am new. Could you please give me a specific command ?

- I have never managed such an environment, but I guess you should go to the configuration GUI and there will somewhere be  a  TAB or link for client-connecting reporting.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think being new to Cisco wireless, you need to really look at the configuration guides and follow that step by step. Also search for videos and or blogs on Mobility Express, since I’m assuming that is what you are tying to do.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi @Scott Fella,

Thanks, I noticed that my 3800s are providing only 2,4GHz and 5GHz is off. I opened another topic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: