Views
Helpful
Replies

clients detailed information at WLC homepage

Anvar Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we just finished implementation for one of our clients. everything is OK but with new Code there is a homepage and there are some information related to top using ap and top clients and so on..

now my client is complaining that he can see the details like Client username or client PC or smart device name only with the SSID which autherntication is 802.1x there are 2 more SSIDs wherer their authentication is WPA2-PSK, for those PSK cleints their device name or such infromation is not listed at home page.

so please suggest is there are a way to fix this ..

please find attached snapshot 

re,

Anvar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check local client profiling (DHCP & HTTP) is enabled on WLAN advanced tab

WLAN > Advanced > Local Client Profiling

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses **

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Check local client profiling (DHCP & HTTP) is enabled on WLAN advanced tab

WLAN > Advanced > Local Client Profiling

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses **

Many Thanks Rasika,

hats off you guru.....

it worked ....

Glad to hear this Anvar.

What version code has a "homepage" with such a small client table..  mine is 132 chr wide (8.0.120.0).  In anycase all my "usernames" are unknown.  DNS is provided by an external server.  and yes DHCP&HTTP are checked in local client profiling.

The only exception being those users logging to the web authenticated guest net.

David,

I think the code version you are looking for is 8.0.130.0

If you are using pre-shared keys the username will not appear.  802.1x or Web auth  should display the users names.

I hope this helps

David

What version code has a "homepage" with such a small client table.

This is from dashboard view available from 8.1.x onward for 5508. This was available for 2504 since 8.0.x as well.  See below

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card