Views
Helpful
Replies

(CMX) 10.2 -- Error in importing maps.

ksatish01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to import maps manually in GUI and getting following error.

CMX: System error

I have already configured controller and its active. 

also , Can you please send me any useful doc to configure "Location" , i am new to MSE and I have to configure CMX 10.2 urgently.

Really appreciate your help 

Sathish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sathish,

Ask customer to export the maps from the Prime & send it to you in correct format.

You cannot upload maps directly in JPEG format.

Here is the reference for CMX 10.2 Config guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-2/cmx_config/b_cg_cmx102.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Sathish,

You need to have maps in Prime Infrastructure. You can upload those onto CMX via Prime or manually.

Below shows how you can do that via PI

[cmxadmin@cmx ~]$ cmxctl config maps import
Please specify import type [PI / FILE] [FILE]: PI
Override the existing maps [yes/no] [yes]:
Import zones [yes/no] [no]:
Please enter PI ip address: xxxxx
Please enter PI username [root]:
Please enter PI password [Public123]:
Import successfully started from PI xxxx. Check import status using cmxctl config import status.

You can check map import status using below command

[cmxadmin@cmx ~]$ cmxctl config import status
Map import status: COMPLETED, last message: Imported maps file /opt/cmx/sw/../srv/configuration/ImportExport_1444620080107.tar.gz (size: 93 MB)

Refer this post as it shows how to do it using manual method as well. In this method, you have to first export your maps from PI & then can input manually.

http://wirelessonthego.postach.io/post/configuration-procedure-to-setup-cisco-hyperlocation-halo

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

Thanks for your reply.

I cant reach the prime so importing manually. customer send me Maps as JPEG format, I believe this is the supported format ?

I am uploading via GUI, and getting this error., CMX: System error 

also please send me any doc if you have how to configure CMX "Location / analytics" after importing maps ..

Thank you

Sathish

Hi Sathish,

Ask customer to export the maps from the Prime & send it to you in correct format.

You cannot upload maps directly in JPEG format.

Here is the reference for CMX 10.2 Config guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-2/cmx_config/b_cg_cmx102.html

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

We are also facing the same issue , currently we are not having Prime installed in our infrastructure , wherein we have WCS only and int that old MSE 7.0 installed in it.

So if we export map from old Cisco mse 7.0 and try to manually upload it to new CMX 10.2 , then it will work ?

Thanks in advance..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card