cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco announces new innovations in SD-WAN, ISRs, SD-WAN Services, and Catalyst 9000 Series switches

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

CMX DETECT & LOCATE service stops reflecting the detected/ probing clients on its dashboard.

Hello Experts, 

As per CMX 10.5 config guide, under "DETECT & LOCATE" service

1. The maximum number of clients (connected and detected) that can be displayed at a given time is 2000.

2. If this limit is exceeded, only connected clients are displayed, again up to a maximum of 2000.

3. However, if the number of total connected clients also exceeds 2000, no clients are displayed. In such a scenario, we recommend that you use the Analytics service to view the client information.

Now I am running into a situation wherein the "connected + detected" clients are well within the limit of 2000, yet I am not able to see the detected (probing) clients under "DETECT & LOCATE" service.

I strongly believe that this criterion of exceeding 2000 clients is applicable for a given instant of time and if for any instance of time if my "connected + detected" clients go under 2000, then I should again be able to see both the connected and detected clients back on the CMX dashboard. Please suggest me if I am missing on something to get even the "detected" clients to be seen back under "DETECT & LOCATE".

2 REPLIES
Participant

Re: CMX DETECT & LOCATE service stops reflecting the detected/ probing clients on its dashboard.

Have started seeing back the probing clients without being making any changes of CMX.

However after running into similar issue, the option that has to be checked into is the settings of Filtering Parameters. 

There's an explicit option of "Exclude Probing Only clients"

exclude probe only clients.png

Everyone's tags (4)
Participant

Re: CMX DETECT & LOCATE service stops reflecting the detected/ probing clients on its dashboard.

I again started seeing back the same issue. After restarting the cmx services, the "probing only clients" starts reflecting for a while and then again their counter remain at 0 most of the times.

Everyone's tags (3)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Blog-Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2019