Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX Fresh Install 10.5 to 10.6

Cesar Duran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys!

I need to upgrade CMX to 10.6 doing a fresh install, my licenses are in the actual CMX 10.5.

I would like to know how can I get those licenses from CMX 10.5

Regards.

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

if you perform a fresh install you will enter the 90-days evaluation period, so the new CMX can be used for limited time

if it is traditional licensing, then from the cisco licensing portal you need to transfer the license to the new CMX., and install the new license file on the new CMX

if it is smart licensing, and you register the new CMX then new CMX will run with a license shortage
when you release the license (deregister the old CMX) the smart license will immediately come available for the new CMX.

If you go to "Manage -> lIcenses -> Show Installed Licenses", you can get detail of all installed licenses.

If you have those license files locally you can directly install them on 10.6 instances. Otherwise, get it through licensing portal from Cisco

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card