Views
Helpful
Replies

Comfortable guest vouchers

a-weitzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My client already has a Cisco WLAN infrastructure (WLC 4402) and he wants to offer guests internet access over

wireless. The reception should be able to create a guest account (on the WLC) and then pass him the printed access (voucher / ticket with all the information ..).

The way I see it can print (best yet with company logo, etc.) with the Guest Portal solution to the WLC no komfotables ticket.

Is it the right solution for this Cisco with this can be achieved (WLAN management, Prime ...)

Thanks Alexander

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

Yes that would work ..  Here is some bathroom reading material

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/manag.html#wp1223913

Printing or E-mailing NCS Guest User Details

The lobby ambassador can print or e-mail the guest user account details to the host or person who welcomes guests.

The e-mail and print copy shows the following details:

Username: Guest user account name.

Password: Password for the guest user account.

Start time: Data and time when the guest user account begins.

End time: Date and time when the guest user account expires.

Profile ID: Profile assigned to the guest user. Your administrator can advise which Profile ID to use.

Disclaimer: Disclaimer information for the guest user.

When creating the guest user account and applying the account to a list of controllers, area, or configuration group, a link is provided to e-mail or print the guest user account details. You can also print guest user account details from the Guest Users List page.

To print guest user details from the Guest Users List page, follow these steps:

Step 1 Log into the NCS user interface as lobby ambassador.

Step 2 On the Guest User page, select the check box next to User Name, choose Print/E-mail User Details from the Select a command drop-down list, and click Go.

If printing, click Print and from the print page, select a printer, and click Print or Cancel.

If e-mailing, click E-mail and from the e-mail page, enter the subject text and the recipient's e-mail address. Click Send or Cancel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin