Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of Cisco AP 9115

gprintemps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Following my understanding, Cisco AP 9115 can be configured using Mobility Express or a controller. 

What's the status concerning Mobility Express? Is it now available or still planned?

If Mobility Express is not available, does it mean the AP can ONLY be configured using a controller? 

If it is correct, can someone confirm that currently, there is no way to configure it without a controller?

Best Regards  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Currently only with controller is possible. I guess once they release 8.10.x they add Mobility Express (or maybe in a newer 8.9 release) you can use it standalone. But currently you require a WLC to use it.
There is also the virtual vWLC, maybe that is an idea? Otherwise the cheapest compatible WLC is probably the model 3504.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Based on the latest release notes for Mobility Express: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/89/release_notes/b_ME_RN_89.html
The catalyst series is not yet supported for ME and requires a WLC running 8.9.x or newer, or a Cat9800 or I think Cat9300.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Meantime, is there a way to configure it using the console or ONLY a controller can be used?

I would like to buy it for a personal usage and buying a controller is exceeding my budget...

Regards,

Currently only with controller is possible. I guess once they release 8.10.x they add Mobility Express (or maybe in a newer 8.9 release) you can use it standalone. But currently you require a WLC to use it.
There is also the virtual vWLC, maybe that is an idea? Otherwise the cheapest compatible WLC is probably the model 3504.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Then, I will have to wait...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card