Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect Ap at branch to HQ

alalem2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

i have 5508 controller in HQ , i like to install wireless network at branches, i have 3802 AP , any recommendations about ? ,  any specific configuration on Router of branch that will be come in the front of AP ?

regards

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Create a DHCp pool for AP in remote site and use DHCP option43 hex f104<WLC IP in hex format>

Use DHCP option 43, it is one of the methods that can be used to tell the AP where the controller is so they can join.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

alalem2010
Level 1
Level 1

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For the Branch router/ layer 3 switch:

Create DHCP Scope for the AP management with option 43 so the AP can register to the controller (if you want it managed by the controller)

Unless you want all traffic traversing the WAN from the wireless then you will need to make the AP Flexconnect with local switching, so might also require DHCP for the wireless clients VLANs.

Other option if you don't want to manage the AP via the WLC would be to look at Mobility Express

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card