Views
Helpful
Replies

Converged Access Design Information

Richard Atkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Has anybody found a guide that looks at CA design information.  There are lots of references to how the MO, MC, MA, SPG architecture is formed and I'm as happy as I can be with that, but there's very, very little information available for how a hardware platform affects the design.

For example, with a 3850 you can have up to 50 APs per switch, and you can have up to 8x 3850 MCs in a Mobility Group, so you'd think you can have (50x8=) 400 Access Points in a Mobility Group, but the 3850 Switch Services Guide actually says you can only have 250, but doesn't say why.

Following on from this, I'd expect there to be a similar limitation with the 3650, but I can't find anything about this at all... and that then got me on to worrying about potential differences between the 5508, WiSM2 and 5760.

Has anybody got an AP-centric design information about CA?

Cheers,

Richard

2 Replies 2

Rasika Nayanajith
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

I agree with you. There are very few documents available to public on this. I hope these CiscoLive material will be useful to you. (Recorded video sessions of these also available thorugh ciscolive365.com)

1. BRKCRS-2889 - Converged Access System Architecture

2. BRKCRS-2888 - Converged Access Design Options

3. BRKCRS-2890 - Converged Access Quality of Service

4. BRKEWN-3021 - Troubleshooting Converged Access Wireless Deployments

5. BRKEWN-2022 - Converged Access Mobility Design & Architecture

Usually Cisco updates their twitter account (#convergedaccess, #cat3850, #wlc5760) with some documents after these type of events. So keep eye on that if you want to get some latest update.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Here is a very good CA design guide which was listed #clmex (ciscolive mexico) twitter page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nks7b78lbsu5c4/Converged-Access-White-Paper-Wired-Wireless-System-Architecture-Design-Operation-v-1-0.pdf

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers