Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert AIR-AP1562I-D-K9 from CAPWAP to ME

Hi,

I'm having Cisco AIR-AP1562I-D-K9 running SWAP1560-LOCAL-K9 - Cisco 1560 Series Unified Local Mode Software image and Mobility Express Controller Cisco AIR-AP2802I-D-K9C.

Is it AP1562I-D-K9 having CAPWAP Image registered into Cisco AP 2802 running Mobility Express Image, If not then how can i convert AP 1562I-D-K9 current image into Mobility Express Image so that it can registered it into AP 2802I running ME Image.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vishal

5 Replies 5

Hi Patoberli,

Thanks for your reply, but could you please put more light that commands shows in shared link by you can be excuted on AIR-AP1562I-D-K9 running CAPWAP Software in local Mode.

Steps shown in Links

Case 1: If the AP Image type is MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE and AP configuration is NOT MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE, enter the command below to change the AP Configurationto MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE .

AP#ap-type mobility-express

Case 2 : If the AP Image type and AP Configuration are not available, it means that the AP is running CAPWAP image. To do the conversion, execute the command below:

AP#ap-type mobility-express tftp://<TFTP Server IP>/<path to tar file>

Example:

AP#ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.18.22.34/AIR-AP1850-K9-8.7.102.0.tar 

Starting the ME image download...
It may take few minutes to finish the download.

Image downloaded, writing to flash... 
do PREDOWNLOAD, part1 is active part 
sh: CHECK_ME: unknown operand
Image start	0x40355008 size 0x01dae41a file size 0x01dae7ca 
Key start	0x42103422 size 0x00000230
Sinature start 0x42103652 size 0x00000180 
Verify returns 0
btldr rel is 16 vs 16, does not need update 
part to upgrade is part2
activate part2, set BOOT to part2 
AP primary version: 8.1.105.37 
Archive done.
Oe as AP needs to boot up with ME image

The system is going down Now! 
sent SIGTERM to all processes 
sent SIGKILL to all processes

Requesting system reboot79]
[07/24/2015 18:19:43.0887] Restarting system. 
[07/24/2015 18:19:43.1257] Going down for restart now

Note 

After the image download is complete, it will be written to the flash followed by a reboot. After the AP comes up, AP Image type will be MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGEand AP Configuration will MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE 

Please advise.

Regards,

Vishal

What is the output when you do a show version command via console? Is this comparable to output given in the link? 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Patoberli,

Thanks for your reply, but could you please put more light that commands shows in shared link by you can be excuted on AIR-AP1562I-D-K9 running CAPWAP Software in local Mode.

Steps shown in Links

Case 1: If the AP Image type is MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE and AP configuration is NOT MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE, enter the command below to change the AP Configurationto MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE .

AP#ap-type mobility-express

Case 2 : If the AP Image type and AP Configuration are not available, it means that the AP is running CAPWAP image. To do the conversion, execute the command below:

AP#ap-type mobility-express tftp://<TFTP Server IP>/<path to tar file>

Example

AP#ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.18.22.34/AIR-AP1850-K9-8.7.102.0.tar 

After the image download is complete, it will be written to the flash followed by a reboot. After the AP comes up, AP Image type will be MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGEand AP Configuration will MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE

Regards,

Vishal

Hello Vishal
First of all you must have a service contract for your two AP models, to be able to download software.
Then you have to check which version is running on the 2802 (show version). Next you need to download the same version (Mobility Express variant) for the 1560 model and copy it via TFTP to the 1560 AP with the command "ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.18.22.34/here-the-file-you-downloaded.tar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card