cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a script to change internal AP on Cisco 1100 from Mobility Express to Capwap

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone have any script examples that will login into a Cisco router and configure internal access-point from Mobility Express to CAPWAP?  I am having to do this manually it its just taking too long.

2 Replies 2

Hi

Have you seen this:

""

To convert multiple access points running Mobility Express image to CAPWAP simultaneously from the Mobility Express controller CLI, execute the following command:
(Cisco Controller) > config ap unifiedmode <switch_name> <switch_ip_address>

The arguments <switch_name> and <switch_ip_address> are the name and IP address, respectively, of the WLC to which the APs need to be migrated to.

The above command converts all APs to AP Configuration: NOT MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE. The APs are then reloaded, and they come back up in local mode.

"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/82/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_82/appendix.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

i wish it was that simple but it is not.  When you access the internal AP  for the very first time from the CLI of the Cisco C1100 you do so by running the following command:

hw-module session 0/2

This is where now you have to give the admin name and password, NTP server, DHCP, employee SSID and so on.  Once you finish the AP will reload and come back up then you have to login to the AP with the username and password you created and run the following:

ap-type capwap

If the AP came up in a controller mode then you have to run apischell, login and then run ap-type capwap

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card