Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment a Guest WLAN

Hello guys, thanks for everyone I have another questions I'm going to deploy a new guest WLAN I'm working with the addressing and one questions come to me.. I have this central site and I have some remote offices this new WLAN will be available in different sites so... what is the best option... have just one segment for this WLAN or have different addressing for site? and the most important part... is this posible? I mean one WLAN can has differente Addressing between sites? 

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a doc that can help you understand FlexConnect.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24082

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The main thing to ask first is if you want all the guest traffic to come back to the WLC at HQ. If you are okay and have the bandwidth for this, then you just centrally switch the guest SSID from the remote locations and all guest will be placed in whatever interface you create for guest at HQ. so you have options, you can locally switch traffic at the remote site, but then you need to ACL the guest subnet so they can't access your internal, except for maybe dhcp or DNS.

The AP's at HQ will be in local mode and the remote site should be in FlexConnect mode.

-Scott

Sorry Scott.

Whay means HQ ? if I don't have enought bandwith I need to create a ACL? I really need it?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"

HQ meaning heawd quarters:)  What is your link between sites?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Well I have different links

one for 6MB, 4MB, 512K and 256 K

Do you have internet at each location or does everything come back?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

some sites have their own internet and some of them comeback

SO you have to decide if the guest traffic will tunnel back to the WLC or not.  The sites that have their own Internet, you would have to create a new subnet/vlan and create an ACL to block the guest user from accessing your internal network.  Even if you have the guest tunnel back to the WLC, you need to have an ACL block guest traffic to your internal.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

ACL? I never used before

It's mandatory? or it's Diffcitult to configure aCL?

ACLs on a WLC are "different" ...

Check this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00807ce372.shtml

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a doc that can help you understand FlexConnect.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24082

-Scott

So it's posible that one SSID have different adressing? I mean one for my central site, one for my remote site, one for my remote site B etc?

So the thing is, will you be tunneling the traffic for the guest?  If so, then you will only have one subnet you can put all the guest users if you have one SSID.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Ok. One question I'm testing this in a lab, right now I'm simulated be on my remote site and I conneted to my SSID FERROMEX, this SSID is centrall switched I have one interface in my WLC on my Central site, the vlan is on my cental site too, and I'm working just fine. I don't have anny ACL's I really need this ACL?

Sorry if my queston is so abviuos, but the is new for me

What do you mean by this

I have one interface in my WLC on my Central site, the vlan is on my cental site too

The SSID is centrally switched so the only interface that is required is on the WLC. That vlan has to reside in the central site and not needed in the remote site. If your placing internal users and guest users in the same subnet, then you can't use ACL's as the guest will be able to access your internal network also.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: