Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP config on Aironet 1700series Access point

thethtarshweoo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone!

I want to provide the DHCP IP address for the client PC. How can I configure it on Aironet 1700series Access point connect with 2504WLC. It will be appreciate for promptly reply.Thank you everyone.

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would do this on your DHCP server.  If you are using the DHCP server on the WLC then you are out of luck, as it does not support DHCP reservations.

I configure dhcp pool on L3SW and then that IP address from pool on SW is provided in AP which is connected with WLC , not in the client PC. that's why.

If you configure a DHCP reservation on the layer 3 switch then they will get a fixed IP address.

hi...

First u need to configure a static ip in L3Sw switch purpose of making DHCP server and second one u also configure a static ip in your controller purpose of manage through controller now

IP dhcp pool XXX

network x.x.x.0/24

domain-name abc.com

DNS srevre x.x.x.x ,y.y.y.y

default -router x.x.x.x     //L3swip address//

IP dhcp exclude address x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If this AP is connected to WLC then you dont to create DHCP for client on AP itself.

Create DHCP pool either on WLC or on Layer 3 device:

*** For internal DHCP we must create a DHCP scope for specific interface and put the WLC management IP in interface primary DHCP server configuration box or Point DHCP override to the management interface IP address of our controller under WLAN > edit

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card