Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Issue 5508 WLC

I am getting those debugs from a client at the site,

*apfReceiveTask: Dec 12 15:29:00.732: 00:19:70:7a:98:9a 0.0.0.0 DHCP_REQD (7) DHCP Policy timeout. Number of DHCP request 0 from client

*apfReceiveTask: Dec 12 15:29:00.732: 00:19:70:7a:98:9a 0.0.0.0 DHCP_REQD (7) Pem timed out, Try to delete client in 10 secs.

*apfReceiveTask: Dec 12 15:29:00.732: 00:19:70:7a:98:9a Scheduling deletion of Mobile Station:  (callerId: 12) in 10 seconds

*osapiBsnTimer: Dec 12 15:29:10.732: 00:19:70:7a:98:9a apfMsExpireCallback (apf_ms.c:615) Expiring Mobile!

*apfReceiveTask: Dec 12 15:29:10.732: 00:19:70:7a:98:9a apfMsExpireMobileStation (apf_ms.c:5827) Changing state for mobile 00:19:70:7a:98:9a on AP 54:78:1a:64:9f:f0 from Associated to Disassociated

Anyone has experienced something similar?

It seems to me that this could be a DHCP session time out issue, running out of IPs, some folks have said DHCP Proxy needs to be disabled but this is not my expertise.

Anyone can help?

Thank youAS

9 Replies 9

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Proxy disable is just going to bridge teh DHCP request to the wire vs having the WLC in the way.  Unless you are using a FW as your DHCP you shouldn't need to do that.

Does that client have a static IP?  Is this happening with more than one device?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also where is the DHCP scope defined ? WLC itself or external DHCP server?

The DHCP is not set up internally to the WLC it is an external DHCP 

Thank you Rasikanayanajith

what is the software code you running on your 5508 ? Also under WLAN advanced tab did you tick "DHCP address assignment required" checkbox ?

I am running 7.4.111.x on my 5508 & haven't seen this issue.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

I am running 7.3  DHCP assigned required I have it checked.

Thank you

Stephen Thanks, this is happening to more than one client, and the client DOES NOT have a static IP.

Thank you

AS

If you plug in a device on the wire in the same VLAN, are you able to get an address?

Do you have contorl of the DHCP server to look and see if there are addresses available?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Stephen I do not have control of the customer's DHCP.  I would like to make sure that the controller is properly set up and then go back confidently to make my case.  thank you

that works.  For the WLC, just make sure that you have the DHCP server configured under the dynamic-interface.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: