Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable SSID Broadcast in Custom AP Group

PolarPanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

If I have a SSID has broadcast enabled at global config level, is there anyway I can create a custom AP group and disable SSID broadcast in that specific group? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Broadcasting is defined under the wlan. Ap groups allow defined wlans you want.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Why would you do that? The reason I say this is because a client device can get confused when roaming or going from one are to another.
If you want to do this, you create another ssid with a different profile name and you apply that ssid to what ever ap group you want.
-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the reply. The actual reason I asked the question was I had a WLAN in a custom AP group, but it not broadcasting on those APs. So I'm wondering if there is broadcasting setting under AP group setup. Thank you.

Is the WLAN enabled on that particular AP Group?

Yes it is Leo. The WLAN is broadcasting under global config, it has no issue in default or other group. Do you know if there is anyway to change broadcasting setting under custom AP group via web gui  or CLI? Thank you.

Broadcasting is defined under the wlan. Ap groups allow defined wlans you want.
-Scott

Hi Scott, thank you for the info. Will mark as solution for now. Thanks.

What you will have to get familiar with in general is the hierarchy or how settings are applied. Typically the global settings are the lowest priority. Once you get use to where things are defined and what is not possible, it will become easy. Just takes some time to get familiar with the various platforms.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: