Views
Helpful
Replies

distance between these access point

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

i have 26 access point 1815i and controller 3504 .

But i would to knwo how many distance between these access point  that allow no problem  and a good connectivity 

thers access point parts are placed inside local and other place  on the roof  !!

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

cisco what distance recommended betwwen acces point indoor in local and in roof !!

please i need a help and answer for team wireless 

thanks 

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Was a wireless site survey done?

APs are inside ceiling spaces?  

Then "all bets are off".  There are more ways to kill WiFi propagation when APs are inside the ceiling spaces.  It's never a recommended "best practice". 

If the customer wants to protect the APs from theft, then mount the AP high and/or use a zip tie.  

As Leo has said was a wireless survey done. If not highly recommend that one be done, this is the first step in ensuring that you get good WIFI. I also recommend that a validation survey be done when the wireless has been commissioned.

It is normally NOT recommended to place APs in the ceiling as this adds an attenuation layer straight away. There are many other ways to "hide" the APs using skins and randoms.

That being said normally you do not want the APs to be closer than 8-12m when using omni antennas, but this is dictated by the environment and how much RF attenuators are between the APs.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

7 Replies 7

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

cisco what distance recommended betwwen acces point indoor in local and in roof !!

please i need a help and answer for team wireless 

thanks 

As Leo has said was a wireless survey done. If not highly recommend that one be done, this is the first step in ensuring that you get good WIFI. I also recommend that a validation survey be done when the wireless has been commissioned.

It is normally NOT recommended to place APs in the ceiling as this adds an attenuation layer straight away. There are many other ways to "hide" the APs using skins and randoms.

That being said normally you do not want the APs to be closer than 8-12m when using omni antennas, but this is dictated by the environment and how much RF attenuators are between the APs.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Was a wireless site survey done?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as suggested by @Leo Laohoo 

This is require more site survey, there is no thumb rule the wireless work as expected

each site have different requirement

suggest to contact local partner to conduct site survey, so you can mount the WAP in better place to give better survey.

always suggest to re-do some site survey since Location of equiment changes. and you see more interference with other device on the floor or site.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Please , can you give me example Site survey  cisco  to download  and that  can used for my projet

thanks in advance 

APs are inside ceiling spaces?  

Then "all bets are off".  There are more ways to kill WiFi propagation when APs are inside the ceiling spaces.  It's never a recommended "best practice". 

If the customer wants to protect the APs from theft, then mount the AP high and/or use a zip tie.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card