cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does an AP reboot if you change the WLANs in an AP Group?

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

When you create an AP Group and then assign an access point to that AP Group, you have to reboot the AP.

What if you edit an AP Group?  Do the APs automatically reboot, or do you need to do it manually or even better, not at all?

I can't see to find a link/doc to that information... would love to have a link.

Thanks in advance.           

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

BRB .. Ill test it and let you know

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

It does not appear to reboot when you edit the group.  I've added and edited a new WLAN to one of my groups and the AP's have not rebooted.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yup same here .. AP stayed online ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________

If i remember it correclty AP reboots only if there is a change to its 'AP mode' , 'AP Group' or 'HREAP Group'.

I think the radios reset when you edit the WLANs under the AP group

Whenever you add a new WLAN to an AP group, radio reset occurs and if any client is in connected
state, the client is deauthenticated and is required to reconnect. We recommend that you add or modify
the WLAN configuration of an AP group only during maintenance windows to avoid outages

The AP has to be reloaded if the AP has to be moved from one AP group to another AP group

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card