cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does resetting system config of a 2504 WLC remove adder licenses?

Sam Brynes
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a used Cisco WLC 2504 with a screenshot that says "10 Access Points Supported". I did a system reset on the unit because I didn't know the password. Now, after I login to the web UI, the summary page says "5 Access Points Supported".

Does resetting the system config cause all adder licenses to be removed? I think 5 APs come with the base license, and you can purchase additional adder licenses?

If I go into Advanced > Management > Software Activation > Licenses, I see the following licenses:

License: base, Type: permanent, Time (expires): No Expiry, Count: NA, Priority: Medium, Status: Active, Not in Use

License: base-ap-count, Type: permanent, Time (expires): No Expiry, Count: 5, Priority: Medium, Status: Active, In Use

License: base-ap-count, Type: evaulation, Time (expires): 12 weeks, 6 days, Count: 75, Priority: None, Status: Inactive

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Normally not if you have saved the conifg!

did you you save the config after installing license?

did you reboot after installing adder license?

This was a used unit that I purchased secondhand, so I never installed any licenses. The seller showed me a screenshot that said 10 access points were supported. After I received the unit, the access point showed that only 5 access points were supported.

@Sandeep Choudhary wrote:

Normally not if you have saved the conifg!

did you you save the config after installing license?

did you reboot after installing adder license?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: