Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUPLEX_MISMATCH in 1524 AP

I am getting DUPLEX_MISMATCH messages on my switches which are serving the 1524 AP's.I have forced 100 Mbps full duplex on the switch but I cannot find the option in the 1524 AP to force 100 Mbps full duplex. Can somebody help me with this? For reference I am adding some of the messages I am recieving in the switch .

Sep 17 14:08:57.644: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:18.506: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WalkWay-S-1 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:20.318: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-Walkway-N-4 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:57.622: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:18.510: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WalkWay-S-1 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:20.339: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-Walkway-N-4 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:57.576: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I remember, if you click on the wireless tab in the GUI and then look for that ap. all the way to the right is a blue triangle icon, click that and then configure. I think the speed and duplex settings are in there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

vlad.mihailov
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't know that was possible at the AP side. Are you using the PoE-In port or do you use the GLC-T SFP module?

I am using the PoE-In port

WLC > config ap ethernet duplex   speed <> {all | ap name }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card