cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Effects of leaving AP antenna folded

Carl Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are deploying Aironet1602e AP's with the Aironet dual-band dipole antennas (air-ant-2524dw-r)  into a warehouse location with very low ceiling clearance.  To avoid head bumps and broken antennas, we are considering leaving the antennas in the folded position.  How much detrimental effect will this have on the signal strength and pattern?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should just use the 1602i. Folding the antennas will affect the pattern. You either use the 1602i or put the antenna in a vertical position.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should just use the 1602i. Folding the antennas will affect the pattern. You either use the 1602i or put the antenna in a vertical position.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

How about if you need to point the signal to a specific direction? What do you do in that case?

Please rate all helpful posts. Was the issue resolved? (Mark as "Answered")

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Carl,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

when you are leaving the antennas in the folded position will drastically affect the signal and pattern of radiations. I can suggest you to use 1602i antenna for the same purpose.

Hope this will help.

Carl Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for the responses.  We will be deploying with the antennas extended.  This is in a wire grated warehouse full of books, so keeping signal strength at its max is critical.  Thanks again for the support.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card