Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable AES encryption on 1310 Wireless bridge

lerner cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have requirment to enable the AES encryption on the management VLAN  traffic  between connected root and non root bridges . can any one share the configuration guidelines please ??

below is the network setup  .

Router<---->SW1 ( main office)--> Root-bridge < ---------->non root-bride------SW2 ( remote end site)

Apart from the specific configuration on the wireless bridge is any extra configuration required on the Switch interfaces??

Regards

Lerner

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

1. Make sure you are running version 12.3(7)JA or later since WPA2/AES was not always available for the 1310.

2. How do you currently have the root/non-root configured?

Ideally, adding AES shoudl be fairly straight forward.  Keep in mind we recommend using WPA2 with AES.

configured on your root AND non-root:

dot11 ssid

authentication open

authentication key-management wpa version 2

interface do1

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

1. Make sure you are running version 12.3(7)JA or later since WPA2/AES was not always available for the 1310.

2. How do you currently have the root/non-root configured?

Ideally, adding AES shoudl be fairly straight forward.  Keep in mind we recommend using WPA2 with AES.

configured on your root AND non-root:

dot11 ssid

authentication open

authentication key-management wpa version 2

interface do1

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card