Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Wireless Roaming Between Standalone AP

Islam Nadim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm about to purchase 2 Aironet APs, either 1140 or 1160 Series for a small Business. I know too little about the AP installation. Can someone guide me how to let both APs works in Roaming Mode so that users can move freely within the site without having to drop and connect from one AP to the other.

Best Regards,

Islam M. Nadim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So long as the ssid and encryption are the same, and there is overlap between the cells the client should roam between the AP.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So long as the ssid and encryption are the same, and there is overlap between the cells the client should roam between the AP.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Steve,

So no special configuration done on any/both of the APs? I have no wireless controller installed, so I'll be managing the APs via CLI or Web ..

Best Regards,

Islam M. Nadim

Correct. There is no special config needed

Steve

HTH,
Steve

No extra special config needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card