Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgrade of LWAP t0 LWAP 2702i AP

Ninad Thakare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Support,

Can I get the procedure to upgrade the firmware of leightweight AP 2702i firmware to its latest version of leightweight firmware.

All I am getting is the Leightweight to Autonomous procedure which I dont require.

Regards,

Ninad Thakare

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can I get the procedure to upgrade the firmware of leightweight AP 2702i firmware to its latest version of leightweight firmware.

The firmware of the controller-based AP are managed by the WLC, hence why you can't find any procedure around.  

You upgrade the firmware of your controller and your controller will push the AP firmwares.  

If you happen to independently upgrade the firmware of the APs and the controller sees it, the controller will upgrade/downgrade the APs firmware to the same level as the controller.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we are facing the AP registration with WLC showing an error which is enclosed in an attachment even though the AP is getting the DHCP IP from WLC and also able to ping.

Hence we thought for upgrade the Lightweight AP firmware and then try to register, but we are getting the upgradation process of it.

Attachment is FYI.

Check the time of your WLC & make sure it is sync to a NTP server.

post "show time" & "show sysinfo" output from your WLC to see.

HTH

Rasika

Hi Rasika,

Its an new installation and working on isolated network not on production.

where as we dont have NTP server and not able to configure time on WLC. But we have matched same time with AP and WLC.

Attached file consist of required info.

Regards,

Ninad

Hi Ninad,

Without accurate time it won't work.  Here is what you got now, & due to this time error AP certificates will not accept by WLC

(Cisco Controller) >show time

Time............................................. Sun Jan  2 10:25:59 2000

If you do not have a NTP, then at least try to configure correct time manually as shown below

(Cisco Controller) >config time manual 11/20/14 ?

<HH:MM:SS>     HH:MM:SS - Time portion

(Cisco Controller) >config time manual 11/20/14 18:50:00

After that AP should register to your WLC. 

As a side note upgrade your WLC to 7.6.130.0 as well.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card