Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect VLAN is changing automatically in 5508 WLC

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Experts ,

We are having WLC 5508 with code 7.6.130 code and 3702 AP. The problem is the flex connect mapped vlans for some of the AP's are randomly changing. Hence clients are not able to associate. Then we have to configure manually again . Have checked in the release notes , there was no bugs regarding this.

The AP's are up for 100 days and not even it got restarted. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had this problem on a couple of my flexconnect APs. What I ended up doing to fix it was create an AP group per location with "dummy" interfaces assigned to that wlan (eg, create interface "Boston", and give it vlan tag 192 with no IP addressing assigned). 

Add the APs to the AP group, and they'll auto-populate the tags that way.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

PETER MOOREY
Level 1
Level 1

I've have this issue on the same version of code, affecting a very small number of APs.

Are you certain that the AP has remained registered to the same WLC, and hasn't moved?  It's possible that the uptime is high, but the configuration changed when the AP moved between two different WLCs.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yes , about 40 - 50 APs are affecting out of 350 AP's .  Ap's are registered with the same WLC only , and we haven't done any changes. Moreover both WLCs SSID config are same including WLAN id.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hi Pete,

Yes , about 40 - 50 APs are affecting out of 350 AP's .  Ap's are registered with the same WLC only , and we haven't done any changes. Moreover both WLCs SSID config are same including WLAN id.

Thanks,

Vijay

I had this problem on a couple of my flexconnect APs. What I ended up doing to fix it was create an AP group per location with "dummy" interfaces assigned to that wlan (eg, create interface "Boston", and give it vlan tag 192 with no IP addressing assigned). 

Yep - agree I did the same and it works well.  

@Tyler Conrad wrote:

the dummy interface should be vlan tag 192, or can user the other tag?

supporto-saiv
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, it's happen after add a tunneled WLAN to the AP group.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-2/configuration/guide/cg/cg_flexconnect.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: