cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

four ssid's three working

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with wireless wireless SSID have four but three of the four works but how can you fix this?

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Guest

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Private

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Study

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Testing

9 Replies 9

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please be more clear with "not working"?

What exactly is not working?

What do you see in the SSIDs that work that you do not see in the SSID that does not work?

Which one does "not work"?

The configuration you attached is not complete... however in the dot11 radio configuration i can see:

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Guest

!

ssid CISCO2.4GHZ_Private

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Study

!

Shouldn't it be "ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Private" instead of "ssid CISCO2.4GHZ_Private"? Please note the missing underscore compared with the other SSIDs.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

okay so it's ssid guest work, private work ssid, ssid study works but ssid testing does not get any ip address how can you fix that

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Guest

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Private

!

ssid CISCO_2.4GHZ_Study

!

Hi,

Can you send us the complete sh run from the AP and the switch where the AP is connected?

Where is the DHCP server located? Do you have a DHCP pool created for the VLAN assigned to the SSID testing?

If you connect a PC in the switch and place the switchport in the same VLAN, does it get IP address?

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

okay if I connect the PC to a switch port in the same vlan it works

PC get an IP address of 50.50.50.11 255.255.255.0

This is the current running-config

Are you suggesting that you can associate to the SSID in question, you just don't get an address? Perhaps vlan 5 just is not trunked into the AP, since overall I think it looks fine in comparison to your working ssids.

If you can associate and just can't get an IP, then its not a radio/config issue, its some kind of switch/bridging issue.  But if you can't even associate, then something else is going on.

Indeed,

AP config looks ok so most likely the VLAN 5 is not allowed in the trunk...

Can you check the switchport configuration or share it with us and we can check.

BR,

Tiago

okay that works but you can also do this with the interface dot1 with a different IP address when I put a PC in August vlan vlan works

Ok, so you had missed to include the VLAN 5 in the allowed VLANs of the trunk?

Please note that in this kind of setup when you have multiple VLANs in an interface, it is a trunk and only the allowed VLANs are able to pass traffic through it.

I am not sure what you mean by "dot1 with a different IP address when I put a PC in August vlan vlan works"...?

BR,

Tiago

Okay I will bless the other interface is 5GHz dot1 you can do the same on this interface as the interface dot0 2.4GHZ? multiple SSID to create

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card