cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Functionality of webadmin certificate

hhakimi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. What is the functionality of webadmin certificate in cisco wlc 2504 main is expired.

7 Replies 7

Hi

If you installed  a certificate on WLC it will eventually expire. If not, if the certificate you are using is the  factory installed, then, it will not expire.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks, I want to know about the functionality of that,

1. what will happen if it is expire?

2. Second I have not installed any certificated but it is from factory how to renew it?

Thanks.

Hakimi

Take a look at the SECURITY tab, ander Web auth and Certificate on the top right hand side there´s a bottom "Regenerate Certificate".

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks for reply I already regenerated could you please write me the what is the function of that (Webadmin) ? I could not see any deference when it expired and regenerated.

There should be a 'Regenerate Certificate' button at the top right. I've just checked as ours needs updating before too long.

hhakimi
Level 1
Level 1

I did not get my answer yes, can someone tell me what is the functionality of Webadmin Certificate I update it but I could see any changes.

The web admin cert is just for the https, but if you don't trust the root ca, then you will get a cert error when accessing the GUI.  This is not a big deal to many people, but some will replace this with a trusted 3rd party certificate so that they don't see the certificate error.  It's really up to you what you want, kind of a preference.  Look at it as a website, you don't want to access your bank website that shows a certificate error?  Do you really care however, when you are accessing the controller from your internal network?  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card