Helpful
Replies

Generating Heatmap through Cisco Prime

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts, 

I am new to Prime. 

Running Prime version 3.4. Added the maps and the Wireless Access Points on the maps. Whenever I try generating heatmap (Recompute),it say "Computing Heatmap" for few seconds but the resulting heatmap does not get generated. 

Am I missing something?

Cisco Prime Heatmap b.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is this happening to all the floors ? What is AP Tx power level shown in Prime  in that floor ? 

What is WLC software version you running ?

Sometime it may be below bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve70752/?reffering_site=dumpcr

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Is this happening to all the floors ? What is AP Tx power level shown in Prime  in that floor ? 

What is WLC software version you running ?

Sometime it may be below bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve70752/?reffering_site=dumpcr

HTH

Rasika

Thanks Rasika, 

It was my bad. My deployment was in a regulatory domain wherein 5 GHz is not allowed in wlc code. Changing it to 2.4 GHz /2.4 & 5GHz resulted in a heatmap.

Couple of additional queries :) 

1) Is IDS feature not available for ELM mode APs (Local + WIPS)?

When ever I am trying to select IDS, it returns an warning message "No monitor-mode APs available". 

IDS greyed out for Local + WIPS mode APs.png

2) Also once I enable WIPS submode on APs, I see error message "WIPS Alert: Reason "NoProfile" detected on AP MAC:            , AP Name:              "
WIPS Alert.png

Do I need to specifically create a profile for ELM mode APs for WIPS detection?

On the second query, figured out the response. We would need to have WIPS profile configured on the MSE through prime, which eventually gets moved to the APs through controller.

1. MSE has to be installed in the Network
  2. Added to Prime and synchronized with Prime
  3. APs has to be configured in Monitor or ELM (Local + WIPS) mode.
  4. WIPS profiles are to be configured only through the Prime. Service > Mobility Services > wIPS Profiles.WIPS profiles on MSE.PNG
  5. Once the WIPS profile is created, it will be pushed to the WLC and eventually to the Monitor / ELM mode APs.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card