Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Configuration - Login Credentials

nathant
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am required to log into a number of FlexConnect Access Points (APs) to troubleshoot some DHCP issues that are occurring on a number of end user clients and unable to enable SSH and Telnet due to the following error:

"Failed! AP has default credentials (cisco or Cisco) which is insecure to update telnet"
"Failed! AP has default credentials (cisco or Cisco) which is insecure to update SSH"

Upon further research, it looks as though I may need to input a username and password under "Wireless - Global Configuration - Login Credentials" (as attached).

If I input credentials into global configuration, will that push out credentials to all of the FlexConnect APs, or will it change log in credentials as well?

Regards,
Nathan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

Global authentication username and password to all access points that are currently joined to the controller and to any that join the controller in the future.

check this document for more information: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-8/config-guide/b_cg88/ap_connectivity_to_cisco_wlc.html

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

Global authentication username and password to all access points that are currently joined to the controller and to any that join the controller in the future.

check this document for more information: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-8/config-guide/b_cg88/ap_connectivity_to_cisco_wlc.html

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

prosperoussv
Level 1
Level 1
How did you solove DHCP issues that are occurring on a number of end user clients? After changing the password DHCP problems solved?
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card