cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest access with WLC 2125

sonitadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured my switches, firewall and WLC for a new public access VLAN and WLAN.  I've configured the interface and VLAN and I have everything working pretty much like I want it to.

The client is now asking if there is a way we can force a redirect to a specific URL on the launch of the browser when connected to the new public access network? They do not want guests to have to log in or be directed to a log in page but rather a forced home page, possibly something on their current website that would list terms and conditions of use?  I know I can setup guest authentication but I'm not sure how I would set this up.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can and its very simple. On the guest WLAN click SECURITY --> LAYER 3 .. Then select WEB POLICY and then PASSTHROUGH ..

The guest will pass right through, so to speak. As for the landing page ...

Go SECURITY --> WEB AUTH --> WEB LOGON page and then you will see the redirect ..

If you find this helpful please kindly support the rating system.

Thanks

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card