Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Anchor - Web Passthrough - Apple device web redirect issue

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I've setup a Guest Mobility Anchor at DMZ with 5508 WLC. I've setup the EoIP mobility tunnel and everything works so far.

Now, I was testing multiple clients to connect to the Guest SSID and observed that Apple devices are not redirecting url, resulting unsuccessful connection.

I looked Cisco docs and added the command "config network web-auth captive-bypass enable" on the Anchor as recommended.

Even after executing the command, I'm still facing web redirect issue with Apple Devices. I don't have any issues with other devices, except Apple.

My controller running code AirOS 7.6.130.0. I'm using DMZ controller as DHCP server for Guests and public DNS servers as 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

How to solve this web redirect issue? Will a Third-party generated CSR solves the problem?

Thanks,

CJ

4 Replies 4

Dhiresh Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the exact issue ? Is it not happening automatic or not happening even after opening Safari and trying to type http://1.2.3.4

Regards

Dhiresh

Hi All,

The issue was with WISPr Protocol with iOS Clients. After upgrading the AirOS Code on the controller to 8.0.100.0; the issue with Web Redirect is resolved.

Jagan

M.Netuschil5148
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

are youre Apple Devices running on IOS Version 8.x?

If it is, then I think you have this problem!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6555023

Best Regards, 

Mario

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

There is a bug in certain apple devices with certain levels of codes.

It still should re direct when type in a webpage or the virtual IP address. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card